Thanks for visiting our Job Board. Please review our open positions and apply to the positions that match your qualifications.
CAT Field Adjuster
Student (High School)
This position is responsible for the investigation, evaluation, negotiation and settlement of personal and commercial claims of moderate complexity, including dispute resolution and/or recovery.
Scope of Duties:
Adjusters are intended for catastrophe deployment in response to a catastrophe event. Adjusters will have the responsibility under a task assignment model for inspecting loss, creating a scope and estimate of damages, sketching, and attaching photos to estimating software.
Scope of Accountability and Requirement
• Demonstrated working knowledge to interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures, and department operational guidelines in daily functions as well as interpret policy language and Florida state law.
• Strong analytical, organizational, negotiation and communication skills.
• Ability to recognize problematic situations and put into effect creative solutions
• Ability to work independently, multi-task and adapt to frequent priority changes.
• Maintain file quality in accordance to Vendor’s best claims practices and estimating guidelines.
• Ability to plan, prioritize workload, organize and coordinate multiple tasks and projects.
• Experience handling property losses.
• Knowledge of Florida property claims law, including application of local building codes and condominium statute.
• Physical ability to climb roofs, enter crawl spaces, and other physical acts as necessary.
• Investigate, document, scope, and estimate damages.
• Proficient review, preparation, and evaluation of scope of damage and dollar estimates
• Ability to reconcile, negotiate, and settle claims with the policy holder and/ or their representative.
• Ability to properly submit vendor invoices in a timely manner.
• Strong caseload management skills.
• Ability to represent the vendor in claim adjudication, hearings, dispositions, mediations, trials and other proceedings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education: Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
Work Experience: 4 or more years of experience handling claims. Active Florida Adjuster license
Specialized Knowledge: Optional (i.e., Experience using MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel).
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Catastrophe Adjusters are required to travel nationally with little notice. Travel may be up to 75% during peak weather seasons. Employees must be able to work a minimum of 72 hours per week for catastrophe assignments.
Every adjuster shall be able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to operate a computer terminal/PC equipment, and inspect property claims which could include obtaining measurements of the roof and living areas, inspecting attics, basements, crawl spaces, and other claim locations as applicable (requires walking, climbing, bending, reaching, kneeling, squatting, stooping, crawling, and lifting objects typically weighing less than 50 lbs.).
Adjusters shall also be able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to lift, carry, unfold/extend, and climb an OSHA approved ladder (which may exceed 50 lbs. in weight) for roof inspections on both residential and commercial structures. Employees are also expected to produce quality work, and exercise integrity and ethical decision-making during all work assignments.